Winter is almost here! Although at times it felt like it would never come, the winter months are approaching in Fort Worth, Texas. The temperatures at night are beginning to dip below 50 degrees Fahrenheit and residents in the Fort Worth area are slowly starting to turn on their heaters to keep warm throughout the night. However, as the weather begins to get colder, and the heaters start to turn on, the possibility of getting a higher heating bill increases. We know it’s never a pleasant surprise when your heating bill is much more than you were anticipating and that is the reason we wrote this blog–to give you ways to avoid a high heating bill this winter season. We hope to help you avoid any unpleasant surprises while keeping you warm during these winter months.
Reasons Why Your Heating Bill Could Be Higher Than Normal
When it comes to your heating bill, the best kind of surprise is no surprises! We typically expect and plan for our heating bill to be around the same as it was last year. However, if you are finding that your heating bill is much higher than normal during the winter months, there are several reasons that you may not know about that can be causing it. Here are some of them:
- Sudden weather/temperature changes: as the weather first begins to turn, people are more inclined to turn up the heat to a higher temperature than they normally would to get warm as quickly as possible. The chances are you are only thinking of getting warm and aren’t really thinking about the impact of cranking up the heat and kicking your heating systems into high gear.
- Improper insulation in your home: if your home feels drafty or it is on the older side, there is a chance that heat is circulating out of your home rather than throughout your home. If you are finding that you are constantly running your heater but your home isn’t very warm, it may be time to call in a technician to take a look at the insulation in your home.
- Leaky ductwork: if your home has a forced-air type of heating system, leaks in the ductwork could cause your heating bill to increase monumentally. You should be able to check for leaks in the ductwork yourself but you may need to call in a professional for repairs if the leaking is severe. At Titan Air Solutions, ductwork solutions are one of our core offerings!
- Inefficient HVAC system/furnace: an inefficient, old, or broken HVAC system is not performing as well as it should and it can cause your heating bill to skyrocket. If it’s been a while since you’ve gotten maintenance done on your HVAC unit, it may be time for an HVAC check-up and possibly a replacement. Let Titan Air Solutions do this quickly and easily for you, at the best price.
- Running excess loads of laundry: during the winter we tend to layer up and go through more clothes and blankets than any other season. This seemingly unnoticeable increase in the frequency of running the dryer can cause your heating bill to increase during the winter months.
Things You Can Do To Lower Your Heating Bill
Accepting that your heating bill is going to be higher in the winter isn’t the only thing you can do. On the contrary, you shouldn’t have to accept that as your only resolution. There are actions you can take to ensure your heating bill isn’t a mile high. Here are some things you can do that are proven to lower your heating bill:
- Add more layers: rather than bump up your thermostat and have it blasting all day, pile on the layers. You will be able to stay warm while saving money on your heating bill!
- Adjust your thermostat down: while still maintaining a certain level of warmth in your home, adjust the thermostat down a couple of degrees. Although this sounds like a minimal change, not running your thermostat on overdrive can actually save you up to 10% on your heating bill. The little changes that you make can make a big difference that adds up in savings over time.
- Get a smart thermostat: a smart thermostat is a great investment for your home. It allows you to program the temperature of your home to a certain degree at different times during the day. It also allows you to adjust your thermostat or turn it off entirely when people are not home. For a limited time, we are offering you the option to upgrade to a smart thermostat for $300. This deal expires on December 31, 2021 so take advantage of the deal while it lasts!
- Insulate your home: if your home is poorly insulated, you can add better insulation to your home without breaking the bank. Weatherstripping your doors and windows can help insulate your home and help conserve the energy in your home.
- Get your HVAC unit serviced: in order to keep your HVAC unit running optimally, it’s important to get it serviced and maintained every so often. At Titan Air Solutions we know how important it is to keep your HVAC units maintained and we are offering our clients our maintenance/protection plan for just $14.95 a month. This is one of our best values and we want you to take advantage of it while you can!
Fort Worth HVAC Services by Titan Air Solutions
The last thing you need during a stressful HVAC situation is to not know who to call when you need service or have questions. If you are in the Fort Worth and surrounding areas, and are in need of HVAC services, look no further than Titan Air Solutions. Our professional and friendly HVAC technicians are one phone call away–no matter the time of day! We are available 24/7, offer flexible payment solutions, offer online booking solutions, and our technicians have decades of experience in the industry. There is no other HVAC company out there who offers better next level service. Experience The Titan Difference today!